Mega Sound Effects - 9000+ HQ Sounds for $47 only!

A place to sell your old gear or new library releases.
megasfx
Intern

Re: Mega Sound Effects - 9000+ HQ Sounds for $47 only!

Post by megasfx » April 12th, 2014, 9:54 am

I completely understand guys that we have not mentioned much on the website. We do provide a 'Royalty Free' license. We are a completely authentic company based in Germany. We have recorded / produced these sounds in our in-house studios and our-door recordings for over a period of 12 years now.

I do understand the shortcomings from our side, and we are now revamping the site and adding all the additional details. It will be updated in a few days.
Rest assured this is not a scam, we have really put in a lot of hard work into building this product and it really does live upto what it says.

You can check out the samples on our soundcloud link, and also, we do have a list of all the categories of sound effects we are providing.
Anyways thank you for your feedback, I will put up a post when the site is completely ready with all the details. And yes, you will be getting a royalty free license with the purchase. This is 100% legit, and we are selling it at the lowest price we can.

Thanks again for the feedback :)

megasfx
Intern

Post by megasfx » April 15th, 2014, 8:55 am

JackMenhorn wrote:Just because your website says "Royalty Free" in the header doesn't mean they actually are. Why not have the licensing agreement available on the site? Why not also have a list of what sfx are in the pack? These are standard and expected features on a library's site.

Because you are using a basic template with very little alteration, have very little actual info about the product and are selling so cheap; I would not recommend this to anyone since it looks rather dubious and possibly a scam.

Jack,

Our website has now been updated with Licensing terms, Terms of use, Privacy policy, FAQs and full company contact details.
Sorry for the mix up. Please have a go at the product, you will not be disappointed. We are providing the highest quality sound effects for the lowest price in the market.

megasfx
Intern

Post by megasfx » April 15th, 2014, 8:57 am

GrahamDonnelly wrote:+1 to that jack.

You may have offered a couple of free versions for testing but you did not offer up any information as I previously had asked.
Hi Graham,

All the information you are looking for is now provided on our website. Sorry for the mix-up as we were still working on a few things on the site.
Do let me know if you have any queries, I would be more than happy to answer them all.

Cheers :)

michael_m
Intern

Post by michael_m » April 16th, 2014, 11:02 pm

So I checked your contact information you provide on your website and they seem to be faked. Wether does the street exist nor is the postcode correct (there is no such postcode in germany at all).

Furthermore you say that the company who runs this website is called 'AS-Holding' and you even provide a hyperlink to the company's website.....which doesn't exist.

So I'd say your website is a fraud and everybody should be aware of that.

megasfx
Intern

Post by megasfx » April 19th, 2014, 3:25 am

michael_m wrote:So I checked your contact information you provide on your website and they seem to be faked. Wether does the street exist nor is the postcode correct (there is no such postcode in germany at all).

Furthermore you say that the company who runs this website is called 'AS-Holding' and you even provide a hyperlink to the company's website.....which doesn't exist.

So I'd say your website is a fraud and everybody should be aware of that.
I don't understand why would you say something like that. We have worked for years and put in a lot of hard work and efforts to create this product and sell it for such a low cost.
Our contact address, as mentioned on the site, (Koenigsallee 106, 40215 Dusseldorf) does exist and so does the postcode (I don't know where you checked it). I have no idea what you are talking about and calling our product a scam is really hurtful, when we have put in so much effort. We may not be a really big company like blastwave or bbc, but we do have a good genuine product.

And also our AS holdings site is up and running. I'm really confused right now.

michael_m
Intern

Post by michael_m » April 19th, 2014, 10:21 am

I checked your site again and you clearly changed your contact information (the street adress was 'stockumer' before and the postcode was smthg beginning with 00....in Germany there is no such postcode).
The website itself is not even registered to your so called 'AS Holdings'...

So I guess you simply ripped some big sound librarys and put it together in 'your' library. When it true that you 'have worked for years to gather all those sounds'...why would you sell it for 49$?!

And furthermore: why would anybody today release a library in 44.1kHz/16bit and as mp3s?!

So....nice try ;)

DanCostello
Critical Listener

Post by DanCostello » April 19th, 2014, 12:01 pm

The op (and/or his buddies) are spamming GAF under the guise of asking for recommendations for a general sfx library:

http://www.gameaudioforum.com/phpBB3/vi ... f=4&t=3084

MikeQuell
Site Admin

Post by MikeQuell » April 19th, 2014, 12:27 pm

I'm tempted to delete this thread but it's pretty useful info for people curious about the library (whether it's legit or not). Did you guys hear anything in the SoundCloud preview that you've heard in other libraries?

soundcompass
Intern

Post by soundcompass » April 20th, 2014, 5:05 am

I am new here so it feels inappropriate to belittle another post but I do think this thread needs to be deleted so that someone who is naive doesnt fall prey to this scam. I have seen their website and it is definitely a scam. There are lots of packaged libraries out there and eventually their domain will get blocked but in the best interest of people looking for legitimate resources of sound I feel you as the Admin of this site should delete this thread so that no one loses their money.

Before you delete this thread I would like to take this opportunity to present before you some "Real" sound design samples that our top producer has made. Please check out: http://www.909music.com/paraj/tracks for some amazing Sound Design tracks!

Nick Output
Critical Listener

Post by Nick Output » August 24th, 2014, 3:11 am

Hi all,

I second the concerns about licensing here, not to mention the fact i received the email notification for this library via the email address <info@mail2play.com> which rightly so appeared in my Spam. Since i haven't signed up to this, scepticism was already creeping in. Since everyone has already raised these issues i will turn my attention to something else.
megasfx wrote:
Over 9000 High Quality sound effects. 20GB of data.
Haha that's pretty much how mega we are.
I am currently compiling a 96 KHz 24 bit sound library. After much blood sweat and tears we are approaching 7GB which is only 716 files. Ambiences are 2 mins long in most cases and EVERYTHING is at 96KHz. A common requirement in todays sample library market.

I can't understand how 9000 'high quality' sound effects (Mega SFX own description) would only be 20GB. Are these MP3's? What sample rate were these files recorded at? Providing sound effects to major distributors and production companies i would assume one would know the current standard expected and wouldn't refer to data that is not 96KHz as 'high quality' which these files clearly are not.

I also provide sound effects to the same companies. I have never heard of anything being bought in that wasn't at 96KHz in the past few years. This goes for all the big names too. Hollywood Edge, Sound Ideas. All 96KHz 24 bit minimum requirement.

Please elaborate,